Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your browser. They are used for many things, such as knowing whether you have visited the site before to help you stay logged in, or to help us work out how many new website visitors we get each month. They contain information about the use of your computer but don't include personal information about you.
This policy explains how cookies are used on Gemondo and how you can control the cookies that may be used on this site if you want to make any changes.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. The website links below explain how you can control cookies via your browser. However, please remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings will apply to all websites that you use, not just this one:
- Microsoft Edge https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/delete-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647.
- Safari Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Safari mobile versions: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies.
- Android: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/.
Types of Cookie That May be Used During Your Visit to the Website:
The following types of cookie might used on this site now or in future. We don't list each cookie used by name but for each type of cookie we show you how to control its use should you wish to.
These cookies are used to recognise repeat visitors to the Website and in conjunction with other information we hold to attempt to record specific browsing information (that is, about the way you arrive at the Website, pages you view, options you select, information you enter and the path you take through the Website). These are used to recommend content we think you'll be interested in based on what you have looked at before.
These monitor how visitors move around the Website and how they reached it. This is used so that we can see total (not individual) figures on which types of content users enjoy most, for example. You can opt out of these if you would like to:
- Omniture: http://www.omniture.com/en/privacy/2o7#optout.
- Google: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Third-Party Service Cookies
- Facebook's data use policy: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other
- AddThis (the service that runs some of our social sharing buttons): https://www.addthis.com/privacy/terms-of-service.html
You can at anytime disable your non-essential cookie by withdrawing your consent.
Most browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to:
- notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it
- disable existing cookies
- set your browser to automatically reject cookies.
All commercial web browsers are featured with cookie management functionality.
Please check your web browser to find out more how to delete or disable cookies etc.
Disabling cookies may negatively impact your experience, as some features and services may not work properly.
Strictly Necessary CookiesThese are used to maintain your identity or session on the Website. For instance, where our websites run on more than one server, we use a cookie to ensure that you are sent information by one specific server (otherwise you may log in or out unexpectedly).
These cookies cannot be turned off individually but you could change your browser setting to refuse all cookies (see above) if you do not wish to accept them.
Updated May 2021